Hemmersbach provides IT infrastructure services in more than 190 countries with 50+ own subsidiaries. We deliver exclusively for the leading companies in the IT industry. As pragmatic problem solvers, we not only enthuse our customers, but also make the world a better place: 20% of our profits go into our Direct Actions Hemmersbach Rhino Force and Hemmersbach Kids’ Family. That’s why Hemmersbach is The Social Purpose IT Company.
We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
As a minimum, each Hemmersbach onsite support engineer shall have the following minimum skill level (i.e. the “Minimum Skill Level”):
• Working technical knowledge of standard (eg. Windows) operating systems and business software to allow for resolution of software application issues or full rebuild of the PC (image, applications & data)
• Working technical knowledge, in order to address Tickets for In Scope Equipment, for PCs, laptops, phones, iPads (or alterative tablets), SIM cards, peripherals (e.g. keyboards or mice)
• Customer facing soft skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common IT and business issues
• Works on problems/projects of moderately medium-complex scope
• Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action
• Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
• Typically 2-4 years of experience
• For Dedicated Engineers at Customer Locations, engineers will have experience and knowledge of the Customer Location (Mallinckrodt would expect that any change of engineer resources at Customer Locations with an onsite resource would be kept to a minimum). For Dispatch Engineers, Hemmersbach resources will be from a limited pool of resources, so as to maintain knowledge and experience of Customer Locations
• Ability to provide disposal services (including decommissioning, packaging, transporting and physical disposal or recycling if required)
• Hands and eyes, smart hands server/ network and other support (no CCNA or similar certifications) Support of telephony and conference room systems
• Familiarity in repairing the following technologies: o Desktop/Laptops/Tablets: Dell, Lenovo o Printing/Imaging: HP o Netw
Apologies, your browser is outdated! For this reason, issues with displaying our website may occur. To ensure the best user experience, you will need an up-to-date browser. Please use any actual browser and enjoy our new website.
If you have any questions concerning our website or need assistance, please contact our support team.